Last updated – June 2019
- what kind of personal information we collect;
- when we collect personal information;
- how we use personal information;
- how we store personal information;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information;
- how you can contact us.
1. What kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you give us. We may also obtain personal information from third parties with your authorisation or where permitted by law.
The personal information we collect may include (without limitation) your name, phone number, addresses (email and postal), job title and location and information in relation to you and your family (including the number of children, and the children’s ages).
2. When we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- when you contact us or we contact you about any of our services;
- when you enquire about any of our services;
- when you provide or enter personal information as part of your use of our website or any of our services;
- when a third party provides personal information to us in accordance with section 1 (“What kind of personal information we collect”) above; and
- when you contact us for any other purpose.
We automatically log some information which is, or may be, personal information when you use our website, including:
- information about your device, including your device type and unique device identifier, the version of the operating system you are using, and IP address;
- when you last accessed your account; and
- information relating to your use of your account and our website.
3. How we use personal information
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to process and respond to your enquiries, requests (including any quotes for any of our services), or orders for any of our services;
- to contact you about any of the services we offer;
- to provide our services to you;
- to assess and monitor your credit worthiness and to otherwise process, and determine whether to accept, your order;
- to enforce our rights, including collection of outstanding payments and debt recovery;
- to inform you (with your consent) of any services, products, offers, events or information which may be of interest to you;
- to help us improve our services;
- to comply with relevant laws;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected; and
- for our administrative purposes and any other purposes permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal information (including your identity):
- to our agents, business partners, affiliates, related companies, service providers and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above);
- credit reporting bodies, other credit providers and businesses which provide information about commercial credit worthiness to assess your credit worthiness.
- with your authorisation or where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, licence or rent your personal information to third parties without your prior authorisation.
4. How we store personal information
Personal information that we collect is stored by us or by our service providers.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
5. How you can access/amend your personal information
You may access your personal information that we hold on your account that you have created and registered or by contacting us.
We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, taking into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
6. How long we hold personal information
We will determine how long we will hold your personal information, except that we will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use it.
A cookie is a small data file that the website sends to your browser, which may then store it for later retrieval by the website. Some cookies we use last only for the duration of your website session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some of its features or functionality may be limited.
8. How you can contact us
or by writing to the following address:
SitTight Child Restraint Education & Training Limited
c/- 5 William Laurie Place,
Albany, Auckland 0632